Monday, August 15, 2011

SNOW!!

I hope you are all enjoying playing in the snow, although it doesn't seem to be quite so fun building a snow man and having snow fights when it is still snowing and the wind is blowing a gale!

Here are some photos from around my house





Can you see what I have taken a photo of? Have a guess...



I thought this looked like a hedgehog!


How are you spending the day?
It might be a good chance to earn some points on Study Ladder or practise your basic facts on our challenge games

We have been enjoying playing Scrabble at home over the weekend. You might have a set that you can play with your family at home today!


13 comments:

Cherry said...

We've got lots of snow here but the wind is making it very cold to go out and play in it. The trampoline has been a cool place to play! We are hoping there is another snow day tomorrow! Our sheep are due to have lambs soon but we are hoping that it's not in the snow!

Trent said...

About the nest. I think it is a black bird nest. The last photo looks like a porcupine covered in snow.

Aardhyn and mum said...

I think the hedgehog is cool, might be some pretty purple hyacinths or snow drops in the spring, or miniature daffodils, will have to wait and see.......

JanineJ said...

Trent - I don't know what kind of nest it is, but I'll keep an eye out every morning when I open my curtains to see if the bird returns!
Aardhyn and Mum - Isn't that the wonderful thing about bulbs, you forget that they were there or what they were and then they pop up and surprise you! I'm looking forward to being reminded of what they are too!

Anonymous said...

I've only seen it snow that much at my house once a couple of weeks ago it kept on hailing my mum stood at the window all day waiting for it to snow.

Sophie said...

wow.... that must of been very snowy.It looked very fun I hope that you guys enjoyed it.

sarah said...

We got alot of days off school.It was so cold i could bearly feel my toes. People got puled in a sand pit shaped like a shell.

sarah

Benjamin McIntyre said...

WOW!!!!!

Looks like you could have a lot of fun in that snow. :-) It looks very deep.

jack said...

Wow you guys got a lot of snow looks like much more than Invercargill have had

Skyla said...

Hi,thanks for commenting.We all had a great time in the snow and I hope you did to.I didn't expect getting two days off school in a row but that was a while a go.It was quite deep I would say.Maybe next time we might get more snow.

Skyla

Ryan said...

It looks like you have had a lot of snow. It must have been fun playing in it. I wish I had as much snow as you did.

From Ryan

Anonymous said...

Wow that's a lot of snow I'm pretty shore that all of you guys in joyed it all we have is lots of hail not snow.

By Jaidene

Scooper Ripeka said...

Hi I'm Ripeka from the Super7Scoopers. I liked seeing all the pictures of the snow. You must of had fun building snow man and playing snow fights.

Post a Comment